Saturday, September 23, 2017

why oh why did cupid shoot me

Hi
I know we’ve talked maybe three times
But you feel like home.
You’ve got my heat tripping over its beat
But my tongue is double knotted and your 2 ft. out of reach
College is full of open doors
But my mind isn’t convinced that you’re one of them
I think logic and heart strings should make a band,
Combine them like one republic
Bring a beat and a cello and make a hit that sells millions to trembling hands and shattered eardrums
Let their hearts rock them to sleep to the melody and their Friday nights take their breath away soft and smooth, waking up to Saturday morning drowning in unanswered calls, unsent texts and a pounding bridge written by yours truly, logic at its best.
I don’t believe that love is as awful as they make it out to be
Adjust
Mistrust
Tin heart
Tears and rust
Hollows inside filled with avid butterflies
Lonely nights not by your side
I don’t believe that love is as crazy as they make it out to be
Tangled hair
All in but scared
58000 miles
Handwritten letters she tares
Tracing paths around your heart
Running so they can’t force us apart
It’s not that complicated darling
It’s open mouths and childhood stories
It’s open arms and willing shoulders
It’s goodnight kisses and vulnerable limelight
Letting fears come through your sighs
Look I know we won’t be in your history books but that doesn’t mean we won’t remember us
Because darling love isn’t an article published in The New York Times
Love isn’t bragging to your friends or taunting enemies
It was never a public affair or a court case
Love doesn’t need Facebook’s lawyers or Snapchat’s replays
It’s not a picture on Instagram or a statement on Twitter
Love is quiet
and simple
and listens
and grows
It doesn’t just happen, or grab you all at once, it becomes
And darling its growing on me





















~A.A.


2 comments: