Sunday, September 14, 2014

defected society robot

you've asked us to 'Please prove you are NOT a robot.', and i don't think i know how..

ya know? i'm not a robot- i mean, i was born and i'm not made of metal, 



but i feel like a robot..

SOCIETIES ROBOT.

why? well sirs, if you have been observing, the more i grow (or advance if you will) i become more pleasing to you, more functional to your  purpose. i learn and compute what you want me to and am put through experiments to show what i can do. 

of course i am not made as a robot



i have soft skin and long hair. i'm not perfectly made with symmetry or patience. 

but still i remain your robot.


how?? well let me explain-

i feel i am a robot related to a good friend:



WALL-E

i'm practically indestructible.

..on the outside. you see, i've never broken a bone even under the highest pressures. but i do rust. i have scrapes and scars and bruises as a result of too many experiments. i've been compressing everyone else's garbage for years and been keeping a cockroach as a best friend. i'm doing my best to make a difference, to help you who molded me to do what you've molded me to do. but i cant. i can't even find you what you actually want.. 

do you remember that time when you put me through your most genius experiment? and you gave me a chance to prove i could find what you wanted, the hope of actual life on this earth? not just garbage? and then you gave me something to throw me further off track than i've ever been.

love. 



i hope you know you're very awful. that is a douche bag move. i kinda failed your test after that. but i was also crushed. literally.



yes, you did bring me back to the shop and you put the pieces back together, but i lost my individuality. i became exactly as you'd programmed me to be. 

Now I finally followed your rules without becoming side tracked. I please you. I do what I'm supposed to do.



and it sucks.

I just hope that one day- I'll find someone to be my inspiration. That someone will bring me back. 

Someone to be the EVE to my WALL- E  and bring out the human in my defected society robot.



~JQP

5 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, beautiful. Have you ever read or seen 1984? Thought about it while I was reading the last bit. It matches perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Wall-E comparison... beautifully written

    ReplyDelete