Friday, December 19, 2014

a step into the real world

Someone stop me
The whistle blew 24 hrs ago and I'm still awe struck
I'm about to take a step
A step into the real world
Where there are real words
Real people
Real talk
.... real talk

This is my chance
I don't want to lie in this fake paradise anymore
And I'm excited and happy
And straight out terrified
But this is me.

Hi, my name is AndraLee Allen.
For those of you who don't know me, the first thing that people notice about me is that I'm tall. Too tall for my liking, but it comes in handy. I love acting, singing, dancing, sports, people watching, reading, helping others, friends, long drives alone--but mostly I enjoy writing. It's my escape. my haven. I love how simple sentences can transform into streams that live inside ones heart. 

If you really knew me you'd know that I still sleep with a teddy bear, not because I need it, but because it's something I can hold on to.

If you really knew me you'd know that I lack in self confidence, but I am always selfless; even when it costs me.

If you really know me you'd know I can't hate people. Believe me, I've tried.

If you really knew me you'd know I can't just put three dots, there needs to be either two, four, or more. Mama Mia ruined the dot dot dot effect.

If you really knew me you'd know that I don't like hiding behind Jane Q. Porter, but she stands taller than I ever have, she kept me safe.

But darling, this is the year of no mistakes, and I'm not perfect. So take me or leave me, because this is me. And that's not gonna change.

And I want to thank you.
You who read my blog
You who left a comment
You who didn't leave a comment
You who wrote your hearts out
You tourists
You residents
You.

I hope you know I read your blog, and I loved every minute of it.

The streets of Paris are home to me, and I don't plan on leaving them behind. So I hope you stay awhile longer dear, and if not; thank you for your inspiration.

And one last thank you

Thank you Nelson
For actually wanting us to be ourselves
For giving us Paris
For everything.

Sincerely,
The girl who just joined the real world







~JQP

~AA




17 comments:

  1. You were the mayor.

    Thanks for reading so much and being so much a part of everything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for all the comments, and your writing is beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. AndraLee you are the best and an awesome writer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you AndraLee for reading my posts and commenting and for writing. You're amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love you and your blog. You can teach all of us a lesson in residency. <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. your comments on my blog were always the most thoughtful and they truly made me so so happy.

    now i can thank you in person.

    thanks for being so involved in class.
    your blog and your writing have my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are so great. I was so excited to discover your identity. I remember your comments as always so sincere, specific, and meaningful. Thanks for everything.

    ReplyDelete
  8. you are possibly the nicest human being. thanks for sharing your writing and thanks for all the amazing comments on my blog, you literally keep me writing.

    like Navy i now know who to thank in person. YOU ROCK

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loved you blog and thank u for your comments! Keep writing:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I loved this and I love your blog. Nice to meet you <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your quite the writer Andralee, and beautiful in every way!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your words are so great. You made creative writing more fun. You are inspiring. Nice to finally meet you.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You're the best. I'm probably your biggest fan.

    ReplyDelete
  15. stalking you trying to figure out what to say for my reveal post. i love this one a lot. and i still sleep with a teddy bear too.

    ReplyDelete