Friday, November 21, 2014

thanks for that

i've wanted to isolate myself since 2nd period today
but to be honest i basically cried in 1st
i keep looking back to when we were happy
to when the heat was our only complaint
and the cold was a reminder of warmth
the times when we stayed up all night with the lightning
when we told each other everything and anything
 ....or at least i thought we did
those were the days when we made a pact
that we would be neighbors and always be there for each other
that we would have nice yards and big houses
that we'd always be friends..
..so much for promises
i've told you my fears and you know so much
or at least you would if you had just listened.
i know you inside and out
when you're happy, sad, angry..
when you're lying
.....sometimes i wish i didn't
it was so easy before when i was blind
when i knew that there were things you hadn't told me
but now that you swear i know it all
i've realized half the puzzle pieces are missing

i remember the days when all we did was ask each other questions
when drama was trivial and tears, minimal
i remember the days that we'd take turns echoing "i love you, sweet dreams"
now the space between us allows me to say it
but the empty air never provides the echo to my vulnerability
it hurt when the text to your abusive ex was an "i love you"
and he text to your best friend was  a "bye."
you've dropped your end of the rope on every promise we made
and have left me dragging them all alone

promises are pointless when they become one sided..

you tell me that life is too hard and i know it is
but you won't even attempt to fix it
..you won't let anyone try to fix it
I've found I lose something every time we talk:thank
interest
motivation
self worth
advise
understanding
Me.

        I hate this. I want to cry but I'm out of tears
      I want to leave but I'm full of fears
    I want to hate but I love you..
  I want to be me but you took that too
you don't care
you don't help
you make me cry
you only help yourself

Thanks for spending 2 years lying

Just to kill me in one day.
I know this is fast and I love you, but I'm sorry.. I'm too far gone to come back....

goodbye old friend

Sincerely~ me

~JQP

7 comments:

  1. "I've told you my fears and you know so much
    or at least you would if you had just listened. I know you inside and out
    when you're happy, sad, angry..
    when you're lying
    .....sometimes i wish i didn't"
    "you tell me that life is too hard and i know it is
    but you won't even attempt to fix it
    ..you won't let anyone try to fix it"
    Same same. I feel like I know this guy too. Guys have two brains; a wiener brain and a normal brain. You should read my post tourist attraction, I think you'll be able to relate to it just as well as I did to your post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jk you already read it and commented:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. "now the space between us allows me to say it
    but the empty air never provides the echo to my vulnerability"
    you've dropped your end of the rope on every promise we made
    and have left me dragging them all alone

    promises are pointless when they become one sided..

    "you tell me that life is too hard and i know it is
    but you won't even attempt to fix it
    ..you won't let anyone try to fix it"
    " I hate this. I want to cry but I'm out of tears
    I want to leave but I'm full of fears
    I want to hate but I love you..
    I want to be me but you took that too"
    Great lines that add up to be a great piece of writing. I like the honesty. We need more of that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Literally wanted to steal every line. This is perfection.

    ReplyDelete