Monday, November 10, 2014

hopeless romantic



i read too many books
books with angsty teenagers
and single parents
books with unreasonable relationships

but what i cant seem to get in my head, is..
ITS NOT REAL!!
i've honestly tried pounding it in there
got myself a couple broken hearts
hit my head into a wall (not on purpose mind you)
screamed and cried into my pillow for nights on end


yet i still believe in romances like Jamie and Landon
like Augustus and Hazel Grace
like Katniss and Peeta
like Katie and Alex

and somehow it won't get through my thick skull that it cant
WONT
happen to me

#hopelessromanticlife


lets just embrace this for a second
you know those days
when you see the person you like
and your heart stops..
then barges full speed ahead

that is a book moment

you know when your reading a book
and you've replaced the main character with you
and the love interest with your crush
and then they kiss
and you just die


that is a good moment

you know that moment
when you know he's there
but you won't look at him
because you know he's staring

that is a book moment

you know that moment
when one of your hopeless romantic dreams happens in real life
and they ask you out
and you just sit there
content in life

that is life


sometimes,
just sometimes,
being a hopeless romantic pays off

1 comment:

  1. "you know when your reading a book
    and you've replaced the main character with you
    and the love interest with your crush
    and then they kiss
    and you just die" I'm guilty of doing this ;)

    I try to be the guy who makes those hopeless romantic moments come true, but it doesn't always work out. Because I'm a hopeless romantic as well.

    ReplyDelete