Saturday, November 1, 2014

can you feel the thunder?

Hey :)
How are you?
I hope good.
No? Anything I can do for you?
Hmm...


You remind me of him
He is someone who loves
Me
But I don't know if he really understands
How much I want to help.
How much I really care.

It throws me back to the first time 
The first time I felt you there

We both look stupid, being here
Not knowing the other
Not knowing ourselves
Not realizing where we are

There's a feeling in the air tonight
The birds aren't flying
The winds not blowing
The the air cuts my breath like ice

But there's warmth.
Warmth in the sun rolling over the mountain
Warmth in the quiet smile you gave me
Even in the dissuading, approaching storm

Do you see it? Can you feel it?
I know you hear me
You show it in your eyes
Those eyes that lead me


And then it starts to rain.
Do you like the rain?
I hope so
Because the rain is my haven


The rain hides my tears
The rain gave me laughter
The rain gave me dance
The rain took my fears

But the rain doesn't touch us
The rain stays away
Circling us
But never to cleanse our skin

The storm was forbidden to touch
It wasn't meant to see my heart
Because that was the first
And last time you would see it


Because you're gone
Gone far far far away
And somehow I took my heart with me
I took it and I drove away too

But I want the storm back
I want it far more than you know
..You wanted me more than anyone 
But you left me like I was nothing

You didn't put up a fight
You never texted back
You never replied to the seen messages on Facebook
And I don't understand why

Because you had me convinced that you cared
That you wanted to help
That I was beautiful
And that you felt the thunder.

But I guess that was only me




Its only ever me




But the rain is still drizzling
And the clouds still surround me
But my tears aren't hidden.
And its clear to see you never felt it.

Because you only ever saw the exotic lightning 
You only listened halfheartedly
And when the storm left your view
You even forgot that.


And you remind me of him
....and I just wish he understood when I asked him

"can you feel the thunder?" 

because maybe, just maybe, he would answer yes.
But  I doubt it.
I can feel the fear in his eyes
when he looks at me

....Because neither of us want a broken heart.
But I promise, I'll do my best not to break yours
and i'm just as scared as you are;
if not more..
But one things for sure,
Now that you're here and you're reading this

If you're actually listening,
You'll feel the thunder.
And even if you drive away
You'll remember.



~JQP



4 comments:

  1. Wow. This is kind of amazing. Feeling the thunder, even if you drive away.
    #stolen <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is nothing that can calm my aching soul like a Thunderstorm. The rain washes away my worries. The thing I love most, is when the sun breaks out from behind the clouds. The view takes my breath away. I feel like a new person. I feel clean again.

    I'm sorry about life. We all eventually get our hearts broken by someone in one way or another. But from having that experience, you realize what you really want. I can relate to this. Good Job Jane ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm feeling the thunder...
    YOUR WRITING is so many relatable things I feel in my heart. It hits hard, and makes a lot of notice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel so relatable and I can always connect with your words. Sometimes I wish I could touch people the way you do. I never and disappointed.

    Thunder storms are meant to wash away out worries but sometimes suck in the moment.

    Great job, always amazed.

    ReplyDelete