Sunday, October 26, 2014

I'm afraid of big cities.
I'm afraid of jelly fish.
I'm afraid of blood stains.
I'm afraid of cool kids.. I'm afraid to be one of them.
I'm afraid of not being early to practice.
I'm afraid of classes without seating charts.
I'm afraid one day I'll go deaf.
I'm afraid of finishing. Anything.
I'm afraid of breaking down in front of my brother when he cusses me out.
I'm afraid of cussing back.
I'm afraid of money.
I'm afraid that I'll never get a first kiss, because mono came first.
I'm afraid of the bottom of cliffs.
I'm afraid that my best friends will leave the church.
I'm afraid that the bishop judged me after I left my heart on his desk.
I'm afraid of living alone.
I'm afraid he's doing more than just smoking.
I'm afraid of the video games he plays.
I'm afraid of cheaters.
I'm afraid that my parents trust me too much.
I'm afraid of my aunt who looks like a boy.
I'm afraid that my grandma looks down from heaven, ashamed.
I'm afraid of tåttôø ärtīsts.
I'm afraid of hobos.
I'm afraid of what the sticky notes in my journal might say.
I'm afraid of new people.
I'm afraid of height. (Not heights, height)
I'm afraid to call a three digit number.
I'm afraid that when I call a long number with my little sister the aliens will actually answer.
I'm afraid to sleep without something to hold on to.
I'm afraid of mirrors that tell me the truth.
I'm afraid of asking my mom for help with my acne.
I'm afraid of going anywhere without wearing foundation.
I'm afraid of the ones I trust.
I'm afraid of dresses that show my back.
I'm afraid of boys that like me. Even though that doesn't happen.
I'm afraid that best friend's right.
I'm afraid that I'm too loud.
I'm afraid that I'm annoying.
I'm afraid that this post got too serious too fast.
I'm afraid that I've dug so many holes that it's created an inescapable maze.
I'm afraid of the day you figure out these are my fears.
I'm afraid of how much I care.
I'm afraid of those I think most of thinking least of me.

And I'm sick of being afraid.

But I'm afraid that I don't know how not to be afraid.

~JQP

3 comments:

  1. "but im afraid that i dont know how not to be afraid"

    me too, me too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm also sick of being afraid. love this post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. okay so the three digit number in red white and blue was so sick. very clever. Also this is a great list. Sometimes when people do lists (esp. fears) they end up saying all the regular fears "spiders, dying, heights" but you really put new ideas out there and came up with your own specific fears. the bottom of cliffs. Genius.

    ReplyDelete