Sunday, October 5, 2014

I tried

I tried not to think about you today
I thought about my mom and my best friend and even how I'm not ready for Wednesday
But that just lead me back to Monday
And class
And hearing your laugh



I tried not to let my eyes see you on Friday
But then you put your arm around me and it's as if we were alone somehow in the too-small-too-crowded hallway
I couldn't help but meet your gaze

I try not to dream about you
But your golden brown eyes are the Sandman's secret for getting me to rest



You told me you liked my faces
The ones I only use when I Snapchat my best friends
First off, I don't know what devil gave me incentive to show you then
But that hit me
Mostly because you didn't run screaming
But later, you still proclaimed I was beautiful



Can I tell you something?
You're the first person I've liked being around more than him
You mended my gaping memory with nobby knees
And somehow you unlocked my hidden box of trust
The one that he threw off the Golden Gate Bridge



I didn't want to write about you
Remember?
I didn't want to remember how the other girls are falling for you too
But hey, my heart does as it pleases
It's my brain I need to reprimand
I'll blame it for doing an awful job of not thinking about you..



Cause you see

I tried not to think about you today, but
Monday is still on my mind
And the Sandman has his sandbag
But it isn't full of sand, instead,
He's going to knock me out with your eyes and smile tonight.






















~JQP

4 comments:

  1. "I try not to dream about you" love love love this happens every night haha I love the whole post! Especially the last paragraph!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "But your golden brown eyes are the Sandman's secret for getting me to rest." Beautiful. And that whole last paragraph was so great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is simply amazing! Your writing is unreal! Your one of my favorite writers. My heart can relate to how your heart feels. Its hard to control.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I tried not to think about you today
    I thought about my mom and my best friend and even how I'm not ready for Wednesday
    But that just lead me back to Monday
    And class
    And hearing your laugh

    All of this post was amazing and very relate able

    ReplyDelete