Thursday, October 30, 2014

'TILL DEATH DO WE PART



"Mawwiage is what brings us

Together today"

I still believe in it
Love I mean

I still have faith
That a man and a woman
Can and will stay faithful
That looking into someones eyes
Can make one lose themselves
For hours and hours
And hours

I still believe in gentlemen
That respect is still alive
That opening a door and pulling out a chair
Isn't extinct

I still believe in courage
Courage to ask her on a date
Courage to take his hand
Courage to close the space between your lips and mine


I still believe in butterflies
The ones that died within me when he left
The ones that broke out of their cocoon
When you walked into the room
The ones that want to fly away
When my heart beats faster than their wings
When you brush my skin
When you smile at me

I still believe in friendship
That my best friend is someone I can trust
That a best friend is the one to marry
That best friends really do last forever

I still believe in promises
That one day HE will make me one
And more than that
That HE will keep it
That he will place the ring on my finger
And tell me he'll love ME
Forever and Always

And even if the preacher and the people say
'TILL DEATH DO YOU PART
I know that when we pass on
And our souls are just breezes over the sea
That we will find each other 
And it will feel familiar
And you'll ask me to dance
And you'll spin me around
Because death could't part us
Because not even mother nature could stop our storm


~JQP

2 comments:

  1. Okay Jane,
    My heart is taken by this. I Honestly have not know someone who has had such a strong feeling on similar things as I! Reading this basically reflected my heart exactly. I could read this over and over, because I love it! I can relate to this more than anything I have read in the past. Thankyou for posting this. For lettting me know I'm not the only one who believes in these things. Your basically my #1 :)

    ReplyDelete