Sunday, November 9, 2014

i want to take you someplace

you tried to walk back to me but you weren't strong enough.
you collapsed and let the water flow from your eyes
it still hasn't stopped flowing
even now that i brought you home
even now when we've made you smile
even now that we've all embraced you
found unwanted help for you..
but all you ever wanted was him


..i want to take you someplace
please
take my hand
and trust me;
we're going on an adventure

let me take you to the park
with the fenced off reservoir and the lines of too tall trees
the one we didn't always avoid
let me remind you that it made us stronger in the worst way
let me remind you of the smiles that live on the soft breeze


next, let me take you to the swings
the place where too many memories invade your mind
let me remind you what you gained from the good times
let it set in that they indeed ended
but they will not discontinue
remember that you can see the sunrise sooner when enjoying the height of your swing
but also remember the the sun still rises when you remain at the bottom


then let's drive through the twists and turns of our summer home with the windows down
with the breezes, bugs and leaves flying past the window
let's slide down the frozen rocks and swim in the lake as if it were summer again
let's camp on the river side before the bend and dance around the fire till we can no longer stand
and when we lie down to watch the sparkling night
look around
see the dimly lit faces around us
see your sister who's out serving
see your brother who's still learning
your parents whose eyes are only filled with love and fear that they will lose you
and please turn your head my way darling
please don't forget me
I don't ever want to lose YOU
..ever..


maybe i'm not yours, but your my best friend
you've kept me smiling from being friendless in preschool
to feeling alone in elementary school
even till today
when all i need is some love

i love you dear
i love you more than anything
and i know your hurting
and i know its all surreal
but please
darling, please promise me


let me take you someplace
anyplace you want
and hold my hand
hold it tight
please don't let go
I can't lose you too..

~JQP

3 comments:

  1. This is beautiful. "But also remember the the sun still rises when you remain at the bottom."
    Love that line.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also loved the quote Charlotte wrote. I really like the title too. Beautiful post.

    ReplyDelete