Saturday, September 27, 2014

I once was a BRICK

I once was a brick              ha that's a dumb beginning

then i met a hammer              I chose a hammer because there's one in my kitchen

The hammer smashed my concrete being into smithereens           I didn't know smithereens was an actual word....

then the weather changed              okay, i'm being serious now--no more commentary

and the crisp winds blew me away

Then you, seeing the cloud of dust and the storm clouds spill into your city

Inhaled the scent of broken hearts and a fresh beginning into your senses

I avoided touching the walls of your body

You were too perfect to corrupt with the sting of dried tears

You kept breathing me in,

Even when the freshness of the storm had gone away

And you're still here

I touched your walls

But I won't let you touch mine

There are too many monsters behind mine

More than I want you to know

But you still try

You breathing me in has me reversing sublimation

But this time

I'm no longer a brick


3 comments: