Monday, August 10, 2015

i like long titles and his poetry

he wasn't any sort of typical.
he was black balloons on a sunny day
and flowers in the winter
meeting him was like orange juice for dinner

but darling that didn't turn me away

surprised, i was when she said my name

under my collar felt like a flame
for the first time in a long time
someone saw this broken wolf as tame

maybe we weren't supposed to be friends and maybe we couldn't hold on

and maybe fate has unending red marks from face-palms and a head ache from yelling "wrong way"

but darling that didn't turn me away

like the grinch, my heart grew three sizes that day

her sweet voice was always there to sway disarray


talking to you was like fresh water on a hike
it was new and had my full attention

it was innocence and unopened doors
it was culture shock and an interested tourist

enticing and overwhelming
and completely unnecessary

seeing more than most, she knew just the tip of the iceberg

like a ghost; i was transparent to her

thinking you took my hand; you held my heart

trying to understand while in your arms

april 25, 2015

never did i tell her how she gleamed

jumping off cliffs never seemed this easy

but darling the bottom was just teasing

maybe you didn't catch me, but i never hit the ground

i don't know where i landed
but the fall is over now

radiant, warm, absolutely lovely

it must have been a dream

looking up i see your eyes and miss the sensation of butterflies and, love, it isn't a disguise


aa 
dtg







what used to be gravity now feels like a string attached to my heart
it doesn't bother me, but the feeling has my thoughts
i don't know where i am or where we left off
but darling, it wasn't a dream, and we aren't completely lost

JQP

3 comments:

  1. "thinking you took my hand; you held my heart"

    oh wow to all of this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what used to be gravity now feels like a string attached to my heart
    it doesn't bother me, but the feeling has my thoughts

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe you didn't catch me but I didn't hit the ground

    ReplyDelete