Wednesday, August 19, 2015

and the world keeps spinning

hidden behind walls of broken hearts and timid hellos
bruises and scars replacing the skin of my fragile chest
surrounded by stories of crippled promises and tired pulses
too many years of tangled hair and defective conversations

stuck wishing i never felt your touch
telling myself it couldn't've been you
it shouldn't have been you

fractured glass always made for a pretty picture but picking up each individual piece left me wondering why i never noticed how broken the windows of my heart had truly become
i have cuts from the sharpest lies and splinters from the parts of you i just cant forget
and looking in; everything is black and blue
remembering impulse syncing with your pulse turning to repulse just in time to watch me leave

wasting every 11:11 and shooting star on wishing for love when i should've been wishing that when it was all over, i could forget your name

flashbacks to when you told me he wasn't good for me
but everything you never told me
everything you thought i'd never know
looking in your eyes as unexplained answers flow from your mouth
all i see is him
the mirrors in his eyes
the bruises beyond his lips
the daggers in his tongue
the barricades in his ears and the magnets in his fingers

you have me frozen as your actions trace the fragile frame he left behind
one breath would be strong enough to blow me over
but dear, you left
and time numbs the pain
and i walked away

walls may keep me contained for a little while, but the windows are broken and i can taste the fresh air on my tongue
my skin is healing and everyday i take another step
refusing to look back

and don't bother offering another hello, love
i already said goodbye
and i closed the gate behind me.







~JQP

4 comments:

  1. and don't bother offering another hello, love
    i already said goodbye
    and i closed the gate behind me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wasting every 11:11 and shooting star on wishing for love when i should've been wishing that when it was all over, i could forget your name

    *cries*

    ReplyDelete