Friday, September 11, 2015

i doubt you still read my blog

maybe the moon got into my head, but these past seven days have been filled with nothing but you
the glint of your hair in the light of gold fields
the sound of your sarcasm echoing in my own voice
the mocking of your laughter in my dreams, because we both know you told me not to trust you

and love, its been long enough that your smell is no longer on my jacket
and the draft i wrote you is near the bottom of my messages

you're like a song stuck in my head
i hear your name every once in awhile and like a stain on my heart it lingers
dear i accidentally left my foot in the door but i ignore any want to say hello

yet hello is still quivering on my lips

please say something
tell me to leave
tell me to forget you
and don't tell me you're sorry
because love, i know i'd believe it

tell me you actually cared and didn't just use me for my words
please say you didn't just use me because i loved you
if you can't.. please don't leave without saying goodbye

tell me in a text or better yet a snapchat
say you don't care, that life will go on smoothly with my absence

because, love, it already has

tell me you don't want to talk anymore
say you got bored whenever you'd look into my eyes

tell me goodbye and mutter "good riddens"
delete my number and block me on facebook
leave my secrets on your front lawn so you can forget my simple existence

make it singe my hair and cut my skin
but don't make it deep enough to scar
because darling your stain still remains on my heart and I don't need another reminder that you're running endless marathons through my mind

forget me like a poem you scribbled out in your book and write a new page without me

you were there and i was blind
but love, you're gone and i've lost my mind
stories I've heard have chased you out of my heart but my mind's left wondering where you are
how you are
whose you are

but i won't know and i won't ask
for i don't want you to see me wishing
i want you to forget me

forget me.


but I'm quite sure you already have.




~JQP 


2 comments: