Thursday, November 12, 2015

Almost

I almost told Mr Brooks that I should've failed his class in 8th grade because he gave me credit for something I didn't do
I almost sang the song I wrote for the baseball shortstop before he told me he was in love with Whitney Rovig
I almost didn't quit soccer because I though my family would think I'm a wuss
I almost told Brian Erickson that I've liked him since the 8th grade AND that I still do
I almost purposefully drove my car off the road at least 7 times my senior year
I almost visit your grave everyday
I almost kissed my best friends boyfriend when he leaned in and I was mad at her
I almost actually read some of the books I was assigned in all of my English classes
I almost told Ms G that she is overly prideful and completely childish
I almost resigned from my sisterhood and told them that they were never a real family
I almost wrote you a letter telling you that I couldn't forget you; that it hurt that you'd forgotten me
I almost wrote a blog post yesterday
I almost wrote you a song
I almost fell for you while I was awake
I almost let the confusion plant itself inside of me
I almost want to trust someone with everything that's wrong
I almost want to give up
I almost called you back to tell you I'm sorry
I almost opened your letter from last year saying that you were sorry
And I almost wish I hadn't let go
Almost.
~JQP

3 comments: