Monday, November 30, 2015

Fine print

Your heart beats gold in a sea of blue
With fine print inked throughout every vein;
There are contradictions in your mind but assurity pumping in your heart, everything flowing as if planned from the start

May pain escape expression
But draw bruises and scars from 2pt font streaming from black ink pens
Maybe looking like you have everything planned out
But home and heart working harder to try and steady the beats

I can't figure you out you know
Always with a friend by your side but eyes somewhat hollow
A smile on your lips and laughter will shortly follow
But when you sat down with a pen in hand
It was a different world before you'd look up
As if there was a world to escape above

Green words to gray words to white words, but always black ink on white pages
Perfect poetry, perfect boy

But I've found that if you read the fine print- there are imperfections
Cares and worries and broken hearts
Deeper than the hollow eyes and more firm than  his hard set jaw
Strength
Steady breaths
Long nights, but new mornings

Hope is on the horizon
And I can see it growing in your eyes

You carry it in your stride

A living courage lining every bone
Because its hard to let go
And the cobblestone road is cracking with every step
But courage will take you home
Courage will take you home and light a path along the way
I know because I followed that light every single day

And I learn a little more every step I take, and maybe I'll never catch up
But I won't stop
The light is too beautiful to try and step away

Your light, Isaac

Its inside, and who you are, and who you're becoming

Its courage and tears and always moving forward

Thanks for letting me follow along

~aa

2 comments:

  1. Holy cow I absolutely love this. I seriously smiled the whole time when I read this. You are such a gem and I am so glad we did this little trade. So so worth it. I will kee this poem forever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I'm glad we did too. Your poem is honestly going to stay with me for my mission and after that and always.

      Delete