Tuesday, July 31, 2018

One Hit Wonder

love is a one-hit wonder.
you hear it on every station
you see it in the theaters-- on and off the screen
everyone seems to love it; but you can't get a good hold of why
you find it to be overplayed and overrated
it's repetitive and annoying and predictable

it's funny cause you liked it at first, 

you played it with your friends and at parties and even blasted it in your room.
but now it's ringing through your headphones and pounding in your ear and you can't seem to get it to stop

boy, I'm sorry I was your one hit wonder

I know I'm on repeat because my heart is bruised from every turn it's taken on this record player
I get old fast and I'm rarely taken off the shelf but I know you'll remember me.
because I was once the music you danced to in your room
the song you played over and over each day on your way to school.

But in the end I got old and became too predictable
and so now-- you've moved on to something new.




~JQP

1 comment: