Tuesday, May 14, 2019

Hold my tongue

You're it
The sun on my skin in the middle of winter
The shade when the summer sun meets the middle of the sky
The arms that hold my trembling frame when i have no desire to stay

I hope she makes you smile
I hope there's no feelings of holding back while you're with her
I especially hope you don't think of me, or anyone really
Just of her

Of the way her hair curls and her love for Beyonce
Of the endless hours spent studying and the stress taken away in every laugh
I hope you see the way she smiles when you walk in the room
The way your heart melts when she shies away from you bringing her closer

I hope when you look in the mirror, you smile, because you see the way she looks at you in your reflection

But mostly I just hope that when 15 days come and pass
That you savor the moment
That you don't just run to the one who seems to always want you back, yet never takes her chance
That you remember the simplicity and the untainted joy
And that you don't run back to me, or to her, but you just keep looking forward

The past is in the past, and yes, you can look back
But please don't send hope to sunken ships
We'll sail another sea

We'll walk together, support each other
And in the end, we'll find another

No comments:

Post a Comment