Sunday, August 31, 2014

the past shining down

have you ever seen the night sky?
really seen it?
have you ever just looked up..
and thought the universe was impossible?
that the gods only painted that picture in our minds?

i lie on my back and look at the past shining down
most of these stars have probably retired their lights
moved on beyond my eyes
but still i bask in their light
the past in the present


the beauty makes me wonder
the past brings a mystery
i wonder if the stars ever thought their light would live to see me now
maybe they know whats ahead, or maybe they're just as lost as me..
there are billions of starts up there. i wonder which remain

gazing up, my eyes are reaching the stars
i feel the weight of their light rest on me. 
seeing me
and somehow.. i trust it
oh, the secrets i've left with those stars

i lie on my back and look at the past shining down
i've trusted their light with my future.
and here i remain.
to receive their present.

~JQP

1 comment:

  1. "i wonder if the stars ever thought their light would live to see me now
    maybe they know whats ahead, or maybe they're just as lost as me." I love this

    ReplyDelete