Tuesday, February 17, 2015

please get out of my head

2:53 am
and i'm still thinking about you
everything
how your lips curve into a smile
how your glasses hide the bags under your eyes
how your shirts always have a collar
how your arms held me friday night..
 
4:38 is cheering us on and 9:27 is taking me out of the equation.
 
they say y = mx + b
but once you take out b we'll never find an explained why
and i don't know how to say this
but i'm starting to wonder if x exists
 
i'm telling you now,
i don't know what to do with love!!
do you put it in a corner?
how often do you feed it?
what kind did you get me?
will it bite me just as i begin to trust it?
will it lie next to me, snuggling close when i cry at night?
or maybe
it will run away and never be found-- no matter how many hopeless flyers i hang around the city..
 
 
 
10:57 is keeping me here and i know you found hope in 11:03
but darling the lyrics to our song are past tense and i can't seem to get the lyricist to change that
 
its 3 am and your still wandering the corners of my mind and i want you to keep exploring- but please, stay away from the chambers of my heart.
 
there are ink stains and endless sheets of unfinished music
and overheated rooms
and i don't want you to see your picture tucked inside my favorite book's cover..
 
i know you only mean well
but my thumbs were trained to hide my heart by the naive young girl who peers at you behind my eyes
you've probably seen her while traveling my left brain
she's busy sending troops down to my chest,
blocking all feeling from logic
staring my heart right in the eyes- telling it to get back in line
 
 
but don't worry
its 3:17 and my heart is in complete retaliation
its gathering the troops and sending them straight to my tongue in hopes to free it from the grip of my fears
 
and when it wins
i want you to be there
you'll hear me
when my feelings pour out of my chest into the wings of the butterflies
into the clouds of my mind
when the rain washes away the doubts
you'll hear me
 
please hear me
 
 
its 1:08 am and your running in circles trying to understand my labyrinth
but i'm tiring from empty tear ducts
and i think i'm going to rest awhile.
 
 
~JQP 

2 comments:

  1. I loved the time incorporated in. This post was really really good,

    Seriously

    ReplyDelete
  2. Read this. Don't know what to say. Except that your writing has become so much more powerful than at first which is saying something because you've always been amazing, But oh man its powerful and emotional and I'm at a loss because there's no one here to hear me snapping... we need to have a poetry slam.

    ReplyDelete