Saturday, March 28, 2015

P.S. I'll never tell you

I hold the universe in my hands

But I still feel small in your arms

Your fingertips burn trails down my arms and encircle my waist

And maybe I shouldn't..

But I like it here

For the first time in my life, yes I feel small

But my heart feels safe


Your hand on my side and my head on your heart, lingering while life's movies played:

Intertwined we watched as walls were torn down, wars destroyed

And love healed.

We lost our souls in a daze from the stardust


As night kissed days shadow, I'd lean into you

Your heart would pound against the walls of your chest, begging you to let it out, then stiffen again

As if it knew I was listening


The stars slowly set as the stories come to an end

I fall asleep to the rhythm of your breathing and our heartbeats racing

Everything fading

Fingertips pulsing my plea

"Please don't go"

But your eyes are open and my side is cold and barren

And you left my heart right where it began








~JQP

1 comment:

  1. "As night kissed days shadows..." I really like that.
    PS: you always give the nicest comments to people. The ones you've left me have meant a lot. So thank you! You're wonderful, keep it up.

    ReplyDelete