Monday, March 9, 2015

an ode to insomnia

Night dreaming is hopeless

Put your faults to bed, darling
Don't let them hold you back
There's so much you could be seeing tonight

Layout under the full moon
Sleep through the days
Watch the constellations pass your eyes as the moon pulls the tide over your chest

Feel the canyon breeze and the midnight rain
Don't let the lightning keep you from laying on the forest floor among the wisest trees
Listen to the whispers of the meadows
Dance along the starlit streams

When you rest your head
Let the sunrise kiss you goodnight
Let the flowers wish you sweet dreams
Wake up to the sunset when your dreaming concludes
Let your eyes bring light to the darkest hours

Watch the black lake shine as it reflects the hope of the stars; spirits in the sky,
Wanderers who direct your dreams.

Swim by the sleeping cattails and lily pads
Sit in the willow tree
Swing on her branches
Watch the water by her side

See your light
Don't forget your reflection
See you
See beauty
See potential
See love
See eternity

I'll never forget the night I let myself see it-see me
I hope you see her too..

I hope you see you 




 

"Why do we measure the sky in angles when all the stars are merely brightly shining souls gone on to find peace- reflecting hope into our eyes? Look up; the sky is measured in love"

~JQP

1 comment:

  1. "I hope you see you" something about that line got me..this whole post did

    ReplyDelete