Thursday, October 29, 2015

on se reverra bientôt

It was never a class
It was the reason I came to school most days

It was never a grade
It was my hold on reality because all I wanted was to let go

He was never just a teacher
He was the one man who let us be ourselves and feel good about it

And I wasn't there for the Eiffel tower
All I needed was the people

And maybe I didn't smoke or drink coffee
But I was still noticed, and that, I will never forget

I was looking at the commons tonight-- they weren't as daunting with the new cool kids. And I saw the MC on stage and it was like I was living in my memories

I'll always love your cobblestone streets

And I'll never regret choking on the endless clouds of angst

Nostalgia is still my favorite word.

xoxo,
Paris alumni, Jane Q Porter

P.S. I hope one day I'll fall for you again, paris



No comments:

Post a Comment