Monday, February 1, 2016

Red bandanas and 2am

I thought that 11:11 was always used on crushes  until I started using all of them on you
You're my sleepless nights and tear stained pillow case and every broken prayer and hope

Darling I hate goodbyes and I never want you to be one

Goodbye is too permanent
I couldn't breathe knowing I'd never see you again
That I'd never hear your voice again
That the next time I'd see your name would be written in stone surrounded by tears and in the morning grass

Darling your fight against hopelessness has been the one I've never stopped praying for
Never stopped thinking of
Darling I'll never stop believing in you.

I'll never stop loving you


And when you send me off
And think to say goodbye..
Please just promise me it won't be permanent
That august 10th will be inked into your heart
So your blood won't stop pumping because it has someone to live for...even if it isn't yourself.

And darling if you would--

Promise you'll never be a goodbye

~jqp

1 comment:

  1. i never get tired of reading your blog. i think i say that every time... still.

    That august 10th will be inked into your heart
    So your blood won't stop pumping because it has someone to live for...even if it isn't yourself.

    And darling if you would--

    Promise you'll never be a goodbye

    ReplyDelete