Monday, July 24, 2023

sleep walking

Oh heart, please wake up
I know you are aching
And beating seems paralyzing
I'm just scared that you'll sleep forever

Oh mind, please pay attention
You don't need to stress about those tests
They've come and gone
I'm afraid you're ignoring what you haven't given time to process

Oh hands, please let go
You're holding on so tight to being okay
Please let us fall apart
I want to fall and for it to be ugly and healing

Oh darling, please take a moment
To mourn
To cry
To just be held for a little while

Time is not an issue
Feelings are not a problem
You will make it through this
Please take a breath

Wake up
Break down your walls
Let go
Allow broken to be broken

Only then will you find what is beautiful and what needs mending

Please fall apart
I don't want to be numb
I don't want to be asleep
I want to feel-- no matter how much it hurts

No matter how fast i think to run

I will fall with you
Our sobs will be a song of pain and hope harmonizing together

Please wake up

Please be here

Please let go

Take this moment.


Remember

it's better to just not be okay



No comments:

Post a Comment