Monday, July 24, 2023

what's the most poetic way to say I hate you?


oh, the people you must have met to believe that a girl would fake a pregnancy and mental illnesses to get out of class
who hurt you?

I stand
and I faint
and I fall to the ground while you exclaim
FAKE
 
fake?
please sir, tell me what's fake.
my racing heart?
my panic when I saw your face?
or maybe the way my eyes rolled into my head before I crashed to the floor.

I'm sorry sir, but the only thing that is fake is the sincerity behind your voice when you say you understand and know that any of this is serious

my education was never meant to be a game
I did not empty my wallet to be doubted
I did not email you my soul for you to brush it off like an insect on your shoulder
I believe you have a life in which you have worked hard and struggled and even failed but do not understand how you can turn your focus away from an honest plea as if it is an obnoxious salesman at your doorstep




No comments:

Post a Comment