Sunday, January 11, 2015

For Princess Sophie and Her big stone cat: a tribute to my best friend

Did you know we met over 3,285 days ago?

I've only been alive for 6,570 days and you've known me for half of them

Do you remember the first time I explained that I was too weird for you that it was your loss?

Looking back-I realize that I really had guts

And so did you

I remember our first audition together

You landed the part of Katrina Van Tassel

And I was ensemble

And we loved every minute of it

And remember two months ago?

When you were the Mother in Christmas Story

And I was ensemble?

And I ended up loving it- but I mean, it's hard

Sorry

I don't mean to make you feel bad

I really loved it

And you were amazing


Remember when we first became friends and we fought a lot, like nine-year-olds do

And the first adventures we blazed at your house

When your dad blasted 'She's Country'

And the time I cut out a cardboard sphinx?

I remember when we sang for each other--But not in the same room
Cause that's scary

Instead we used a microphone :)


I remember singing you the songs I wrote and always thinking yours were better

I remember the longest school days and chasing boys at recess

I remember obsessing over Selena Gomez and Demi Lovato because we were gonna be just like them

One in the same ♥

I remember reading princess books and writing stories

I remember twilight midnight movie premiers

And your crazy Uno rules and Connect 4

I remember our Valentines Day sleepover

And Another Country Cinderella

And every photo shoot we lived through


I remember talking about boys and music and dreams and boys again

And trying to write songs together but never remembering the right melody

I remember always taking seminary the same period and never being in the same seminary class

I remember your balance tricks and dōTERRA

And rhyming till we were too dizzy to stand

I remember Insanity and Buns of Steel

I remember taquitos and black milk and Veggie Straws

And every pack of fruit snacks


I remember sharing a locker all three years at junior high

And always being the stupid Jacob fan to your stupid Edward fan

I remember riding my bike over to your house-all the time

I remember growing apart in the summer

And reconnecting every winter

I remember feeling sad and alone and 'fake'

And betrayed

But I also remember how much closer that made us


I remember football games and dance class and PE

And drama 3 and never ending improv

I remember our random rant sessions

And our awkward confessions

I remember how there's always been one thing you won't tell me

And I respect that

I remember our epiphany that we liked 'bad boys' at Strasburg

I remember our plans for road trips and our sad attempt

I remember depression and Disneyland

And how my heart sank when I learned how close you were to that door

I remember how I don't ever want to lose you


I remember your old garage code and your home phone number

And late night calls

I remember the first Productions Co. list

I remember the saddest tears


I remember Fiddler on the Roof- both times

I remember choir and health and ASL

I remember getting into chamber and the family we found

I remember our dating scrapbook and our dream guys

I remember Bailey and how she ate peas

I remember carpooling

And the beginning of senior year

I remember our anxiety and excitement

And looking back

I remember growing up together

Like Miley and Lily

Or Raven and Chelsea

Or Lizzie and Miranda

And it's been crazy 

And it's been amazing

And i'm so glad it was you

I remember the first times you wrote about me on your blogs

And believe me-they stung

But I won't forget how you spoke of me in A1-it's still echoing in my head


Thanks for always being here for me

Maybe your hands are small but they are hands that hold me entirely

I love you, darling

And just so we're clear,

YOU are my best friend

You have been since fifth grade.

And you always will be.

And I really try to be that for you

But I know I'm not perfect

And dear- for me we will always be famous

We will forever be crazy kids who stay up talking way too late and sleep our afternoons away

You inspire me to fly past the moon and your heart belongs among the constellations

And I know you don't feel beautiful when you cry but when your heart burns and flies across the sky-

The world sees the beauty and makes a wish

Because you my dear shine brighter

To say the least- I dream to grow up to be you

But I'll settle with knowing you

Because honey, you're the best friend a nine year old could ever ask for

And I'll never forget that first day 

Because 'when I saw you, I knew an adventure was going to happen'

Boy was I in for a crazy ride





Forever and always~
Your stupid Jacob fan

~AA

1 comment: