Sunday, May 3, 2015

always listening to your secondhand serenades




Hey friend..


I hope next year is better without me


If you're still listening..


I'll never forget the first and only time you gave me three words-it was over text and I shouldn't have read it.


If you're still listening..


She makes a great best friend, I know because she's been one of mine


If you ask her to be more..


Experience says she's going to tell you no, and so will I, I'm sorry I'm not willing to be plan b....


If you're still listening..


Im tired of secondhand serenades and they never sounded right slipping from untouchable lips


If you're still listening..


Show me I'm wrong and maybe I'll stay but you should have told me to go before it got this far..


If you're still listening..


I'm sorry I'm not who I thought I was--a boy took that away long ago and I guess I never got it back




And if you're still listening.. I'm still breathing


Thanks for everything











~AA

No comments:

Post a Comment