Monday, May 25, 2015

returning with honor and castles in the sand

Dearest missionary,

I love you and I honestly have loved hearing from you every week for the past year and a half.
It's been crazy to see you mature and grow
And now I just want to know..
Will you still be one of my best friends?
The kind that talks with me through the night
And doesn't always have advise?
Will you still be a little kid with me on the beach and waste time with me just laughing about nothing? 
I know you've learned a lot these past years and that humility and selflessness are the best ways to happiness
But does that mean we can't be childish anymore? 
Missionary, when I see you when you get home, they tell me I have to grow up
I'll have a cap on my head and a hop in my step
But I'm scared out of my mind of the future
And I know you were too..
And I'll see you when you get here, but only for a minute
So I want to know
Because then they'll tell me to grow up
And I'm not sure I will

Have you?



With love

~Andra


"you grow up in different ways but you still get to be you. i think that you have to remember that YOU are called on a mission, this is YOUR life. Don't loose sight of that. 
I'll admit I think i'M gonna be a little weird coming back, but you'll help me adjust and be the "normal" commandment abiding citizen that i am ;)


NO worries, i'mma be a kid forever!!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment