Thursday, June 4, 2015

i can't erase the sun



have you ever listened to the silence?
when no words are traded, only sideways glances and quickened breaths

i let the air take my words last week but my tears hid them in the clouds 
it rained last night and i know the falling stars caught your eye
were you listening to the silence?

we haven't had a serious conversation in over a month and i miss the passion in your eyes
there are so many words i've said and i feel like i've told a million lies..
but they were lies i thought were true
things i thought i knew
but when i felt his hand in mine, all i could think of was you..
when i was in his arms watching the starts, all i longed for was your familiar heart beat
and when i lie down tonight, the only scene on replay was one you probably forgot

but yesterday is impossible to visit
and getting my heart to forget you is like erasing the sun in the sky
the memories are sun rays and these shadows are cast by nothing more than nets trying to catch the feelings before they reach me
but darling it was all in vain cause all i feel is the stillness of my heart every time you say my name

i'm looking at this summer and it all feels like a sunset to me
the clouds are setting in and the colors are filling my vission
but the sky is getting dimmer
and the clouds are losing color
and the memories are fading with the sun..

and i'm hoping you'll remember me..

you told me you'd regret getting close to me because i would be gone so fast..
but i hope you didn't really regret it
that you didn't truly regret me

i know you're sorry for the pain, but i'm not
i don't regret falling fast
or letting my chances go right by me
i don't regret you finding out
or the day i knew it was her
or even now, letting you know my heart is still clinging to your shadow

maybe i will tomorrow,
or even next week
but today, i can't get you off my mind
cause boy, i can't erase the sun.







~JQP



3 comments:

  1. But I can't erase the sun

    Wow I will never get tired of your writing. Don't you ever dare give it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh. My. Gosh. I have no words for the emotions that made me feel. This was seriously amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this made me cry, I felt it. I really did.

    ReplyDelete