Thursday, June 25, 2015

Overplayed

The tune plays the same 4 notes and it's on repeat
Ink stained words, bouncing off sideways glances and closed doors
And I'm sorry, but this song is getting old

They'll never care
You're always in the background
Your name means nothing
You're alone

She doesn't care
I sing off key
He won't even learn my name
I'm alone

He stopped caring
I have nothing to be proud of
What's there to remember
I'm all alone

I don't want to hear the verses, and the bridge will probably bring me to my knees
But can't you see me?

There's no help for the ignored
And my reaching out has turned to whispers in my own ear

Dear, they'll never hear you
Dear, they forgot they needed to listen
Dear, you're on your own this time

My problems have morphed into songs on repeat and you zoned out after the first chorus

My ears are aching with the broken bass line and my heart has synced with the beat up guitar

And maybe your hearing my anxious cries but this song is overplayed and I know your about to change the station




 ~JQP

2 comments: